The secret key to get that bronzy, fresh, summery looking makeup is by having that natural glow. For combating the pesky issues that effect the skin: First, you must choose a gentle exfoliate to use 2-3 times per week & you’ll be left with smooth, radiant skin. Second, after you’re through exfoliating, it’s crucial to introduce moisture back into your skin by applying a rich cream (lightweight lotions at the day, heavyweight cream at night) & finally still hydrated with limiting Alcohol and caffeine as much as possible .
After reviling the main key to flawless dewy skin, let’s head to the 7 must-know summer makeup tips :
1) Tanned glowing skin : This step is optional , it’s about having a tanned skin weither by a fake tan lotions ( I’m against the idea for my own reasons ) or by a natural bronze effect provided by the sun .
2) Primer & Foundation: After applying a mineral primer that reduces your pores, you should blend your foundation or a BB cream which is great for heat & warmer weather properly after choosing the right shade to avoid that cakey look ( if u want me to post about the 7 common makeup mistakes let me know in the comments below ) from leaving an obvious line along the jaw to forgetting to cover your neck as well .
3) Concealer: Apply a lighter shade of concealer from your foundations’ to brighten up the area but don’t use it to cover your blemishes which requires a concealer that matches your natural skin tone and apply it lightly with a small brush .
4) Powder: Using Powder during summer is a must ! You don’t want your foundation to be wiped off unless you use a mousse or powdery foundation (for example: Teint Sblime by l’Oréal Paris, Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline…).
5) Bronzer, highlighter & blush: Here’s my favorite part, you won’t complete the look unless you bronze girl ! But don’t get crazy until you look like Jersey shore extra . All you have to do is to choose a bronzer that’s not too dark or too strong & then with a brush, create the number "3" on both sides of your face. Start at the top of your forehead, dust it along your cheeks and sweep it across your jawline all the way to your chin. Remember to blend it into your neck. Once you've mastered bronzer, you're ready to move on to highlighter ! Schlip suggests using it above your cheekbones and along the bridge of your nose, it creates a glowy, fresh effect. Heading to blush which simply is meant to mimic the shot of rosiness that's actually found in the area since it's where the blood naturally pools in your cheeks .
6) Eyeshadow & Eyeliner : all what I can recommend is to stick with neutral colors and to try some waterproofs eyeliners & Mascara. Plus there’s no harm to go wild and use some pop of color! (Leave a comment if you’re not that pro when it comes to eyeliner as me ).
7) Lipstick: Nothing’s great than bold lips in summer time ( such a baby pink, vibrant pink, hot red , pretty lilac… maybe go nude if you’re not a fan of such colors on the lips ) .
It's summer time , and as we all know , it takes an important budget to keep up with new trends , colors, brands, celebrities styles ... That's when I ( your fashion agent ) come to help !
Guess what ? 2014's trend is about creativity , yes you read it well , nowadays we are seeing a lot of fashion bloggers and people in the street too creating their own mixing patterns and trends wich makes it unique and creatif ( where's the beauty of satisfashion rise up ! ) according to Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdale's fashion director : " It's all about the feminine silhouette " and 2014 runways which indicate the return to femininity and glamour thinking pink, orange undertones ( specially tangerine), pastel sobret shades, florals, floor length skirts, tulle and organza...
after searching on some fashion websites ,here's a few of the trends that I came up with :
For more trends : contact me on my e-mail to give u some tips & share some outifts that I copied from celebrities ;) xoxo suga pies !
Excellence I can reach for, perfection is god's business.
Hi lovepotions ! Here' a little quick introduction about us: We are 2 Moroccan beauty bloggers from Tangier and we invite you to discover our beauty corner.