I can't believe that we're already in September, wich unfortunally means that summer is over & studies will come over . So while I was baking a cake to celebrate the 3 months since I started this blog, I tought that I should give it a present by changing its look ( what do u think of it ? is it prettier ? ) & not that only I decided to change the nature of the posts & warm it up with new topics & genders too because I'm a fan of Youtube videos & its tags so I went for making something like those . So here's the products that I enjoyed the last month & I purchased , and find that they worth the hype .
Primer creates a protective barrier over the skin, as well as seals in and protects any treatment products used during your daily skincare regimen, also it gives an effect of a glowy skin because it minimizes pores, it helps of getting a dewy finish look, it reduces redness and it acts like a sponge to absorb excess oils so skin stays shine-free and fresh looking all day (oil controler). Since it has all these benefits & it is a new product in the market, it is a little bit pricy & sometimes inavailable in some countries ( like mine) so that's why I came up with the idea of doing it myself at home with ingredients that I am aware of & which we all have in our vanity . So grab an empty container and these simple ingredients & start your magic :
1) Moisturizer :
Rather than putting a serum & moisturizer before makeup , what if we used it as an ingredient to do our own inexpensive primer ? Grab your favorite moisturizer or face lotion , add the amount that your skin need into a container or a spray bottle ( I used 2 tablespoons ) .
2) SPF cream :
Add an SPF cream to the container & mix it well ( use SPF 15 to 50 ). I used SPF 8 because I already added a bb cream that contains SPF 30 so I had just added that extra protection .
3) Sweet almond oil or Vitamin E :
Since I didn't have vitamine E capsulles I used 2 or 3 drops of sweet almond oil or argan oil ( or oils that contain vitamine E in it ) . Vitamine E is known for moinsture & radiation.
4) Foundation or powder :
(It's optional) If you want to add an extra coverage when you apply your foundation & for your primer to be as a tinted moisturizer , add a few drops of your foundation or a little bit of powder ( to have the matte finish) to your mixture.
Final results :
The secret key to get that bronzy, fresh, summery looking makeup is by having that natural glow. For combating the pesky issues that effect the skin: First, you must choose a gentle exfoliate to use 2-3 times per week & you’ll be left with smooth, radiant skin. Second, after you’re through exfoliating, it’s crucial to introduce moisture back into your skin by applying a rich cream (lightweight lotions at the day, heavyweight cream at night) & finally still hydrated with limiting Alcohol and caffeine as much as possible .
After reviling the main key to flawless dewy skin, let’s head to the 7 must-know summer makeup tips :
1) Tanned glowing skin : This step is optional , it’s about having a tanned skin weither by a fake tan lotions ( I’m against the idea for my own reasons ) or by a natural bronze effect provided by the sun .
2) Primer & Foundation: After applying a mineral primer that reduces your pores, you should blend your foundation or a BB cream which is great for heat & warmer weather properly after choosing the right shade to avoid that cakey look ( if u want me to post about the 7 common makeup mistakes let me know in the comments below ) from leaving an obvious line along the jaw to forgetting to cover your neck as well .
3) Concealer: Apply a lighter shade of concealer from your foundations’ to brighten up the area but don’t use it to cover your blemishes which requires a concealer that matches your natural skin tone and apply it lightly with a small brush .
4) Powder: Using Powder during summer is a must ! You don’t want your foundation to be wiped off unless you use a mousse or powdery foundation (for example: Teint Sblime by l’Oréal Paris, Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline…).
5) Bronzer, highlighter & blush: Here’s my favorite part, you won’t complete the look unless you bronze girl ! But don’t get crazy until you look like Jersey shore extra . All you have to do is to choose a bronzer that’s not too dark or too strong & then with a brush, create the number "3" on both sides of your face. Start at the top of your forehead, dust it along your cheeks and sweep it across your jawline all the way to your chin. Remember to blend it into your neck. Once you've mastered bronzer, you're ready to move on to highlighter ! Schlip suggests using it above your cheekbones and along the bridge of your nose, it creates a glowy, fresh effect. Heading to blush which simply is meant to mimic the shot of rosiness that's actually found in the area since it's where the blood naturally pools in your cheeks .
6) Eyeshadow & Eyeliner : all what I can recommend is to stick with neutral colors and to try some waterproofs eyeliners & Mascara. Plus there’s no harm to go wild and use some pop of color! (Leave a comment if you’re not that pro when it comes to eyeliner as me ).
7) Lipstick: Nothing’s great than bold lips in summer time ( such a baby pink, vibrant pink, hot red , pretty lilac… maybe go nude if you’re not a fan of such colors on the lips ) .
Excellence I can reach for, perfection is god's business.
Hi lovepotions ! Here' a little quick introduction about us: We are 2 beauty bloggers frand we invite you to discover our beauty corner.